The Hirsel Golf Club is an unincorporated association and a non-profit making body. The Hirsel Golf Club is affiliated with Scottish Golf. The Hirsel Golf Club will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us in this form.
What information will we collect
When you register as a member of The Hirsel Golf Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- contact details – name, address, email address, date of birth, etc.;
- membership category – for example, Adult, Country, Life, etc.;
- handicap details
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
- provide you with core member services, including membership renewal;
- send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fees’ information, etc.;
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in golf by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
- provide competition in golf by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
- monitor and develop participation in golf by monitoring members’ engagement and participation through data processing and inviting our members to participate in surveys for researching and development purposes;
- respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints as per the Clubs constitution, concerns or allegations in relation to golf.
- provide members with updates and details of activities at The Hirsel Golf Club via email or post
- produce management information to assist in the financial management of The Hirsel Golf Club.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, you can contact us on 01890 882678, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Hirsel Golf Club, Kelso Road, Coldstream, Berwickshire. TD12 4NJ.
If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this with golfing magazines or newspapers for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children etc.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
The Hirsel Golf Club uses a membership database that is hosted by Club V1. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as ‘processors’ and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and to protect it.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for five years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of The Hirsel Golf Club and for how long.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at Hirsel Golf Club, Kelso Road, Coldstream. Berwickshire TD12 4NJ or via email at email@example.com
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a ‘subject access request’;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes;
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by The Hirsel Golf Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk