• Hirsel Golf Club confirms that we will keep your personal information secure and that we will use reasonable efforts to comply with current UK Data Protection and legislation and regulations.
SECTION A of this policy is specific to registered members of Hirsel Golf Club.
SECTION B1 of this policy is intended for visitors (i.e. users) of the website. Section B1 also applies to members of the public who telephone or directly email Hirsel Golf Club and may provide personal information to allow us to respond a request for additional information.
SECTION B2 of this policy describes Cookies that are used by our website.
SECTION C of this policy outlines an individual’s rights in relation to personal information.
WHO WE ARE
Hirsel Golf Club is an unincorporated association and a non-profit making body. Hirsel Golf Club is affiliated with Scottish Golf.
Hirsel Golf Club owns and operates the website www.hirselgc.co.uk.
Hirsel Golf Club will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us in this form
SECTION A – Registered members of Hirsel Golf Club
What information will we collect
When you register as a member of Hirsel Golf Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we will ask you for the following personal information:
• contact details – name, address, email address, date of birth, etc.;
• membership category – for example, Adult, Country, Life, etc.;
• handicap details
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
• provide you with core member services, including membership renewal;
• send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fees’ information, etc.;
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• promote and encourage participation in golf by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
• provide competition in golf by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
• monitor and develop participation in golf by monitoring members’ engagement and participation through data processing and inviting our members to participate in surveys for researching and development purposes;
• respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints as per the Clubs constitution, concerns or allegations in relation to golf.
• provide members with updates and details of activities at Hirsel Golf Club via email or post
• produce management information to assist in the financial management of Hirsel Golf Club.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes.
If you wish to object to any of the above processing, you can contact us on 01890 882678, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Hirsel Golf Club, Kelso Road, Coldstream, Berwickshire. TD12 4NJ.
If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this with golfing magazines or newspapers for promotional and/or journalistic purposes or we may use any images within our website for the purpose of enhancing our profile.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children etc.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
Hirsel Golf Club uses a membership database that is hosted by Club V1. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as ‘processors’ and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and to protect it.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for five years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Hirsel Golf Club and for how long.
SECTION B – Visitors to the website www.hirselgc.co.uk
Note: this section also applies to member of the public who telephone or directly email Hirsel Golf Club and may provide personal information to allow us to subsequently respond to an information request.
What information we may collect from you
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal information about individuals who visit and use our website:
Information you supply to us
You may supply us with information about you by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you submit a contact us/enquiry form. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information our website automatically collects about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect information including the following:
• technical information, including a truncated and anonymised version of your Internet protocol (IP) address, your geographical location, browser type and version, operating system and device type;
• information about your visit, including what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got to the site (including date and time); page response times, length of visit, what you click on, documents downloaded and download errors.
Photos of golfers playing on our course may be used on our website for the purpose of promoting our profile. We ask that anyone let us know by letter or email if they do not wish to have any photos of them to be taken or to be published on the website or other promotional material. This request to opt out of being in any photos can be made at any time by contacting us by email or letter.
Sensitive Financial information
No sensitive financial information (bank details, debit or credit card information etc) is seen, stored or transmitted by Hirsel Golf Club.
If you are using the BRS by GolfNow online booking system for green fee payments, any information you submit is securely processed by BRS GolfNow in accordance with UK financial regulations.
Why we need your personal information
Personal information you supply to us
We will use this information to provide you with information and/or services you request from us.
Information automatically collected by our website about your usage of the site
We will use this information:
• to administer our site including troubleshooting and statistical purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented or displayed in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
This information is collected anonymously and is not linked to information that identifies you as an individual. We use Google Analytics to track visitor usage on our website. See SECTION B2 Cookies.
Who we share your personal information with
Any personal information you provide to us will be directly emailed to us or may be stored on a secure server located in the UK. We use a trusted third-party website hosting provider (Hostinger) to facilitate the running of our website. Any data that may be collected through this website that Hostinger process, is kept secure and only processed in the manner we instruct them to. Hostinger cannot access, provide, rectify or delete any data that they store on our behalf without permission.
We will never sell or rent your personal data. We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where we are required to do so by law.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Our site contains links to and from the third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Specifically we use a link to ‘BRS by GolfNow’ for online tee reservations. We have a contract in place that requires BRS by GolfNow to keep your personal information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Payments made for tee reservations via the BRS by GolfNow website are processed by a third-party payment processor who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
SECTION B2 – Cookies
Cookies are small files that are placed on your device to help our website provide a better user experience. Cookies are stored on your individual device and you have full control over their use.
Like many website owners, Hirsel Golf Club uses Google Analytics (GA) to measure how users interact with our website content. GA collects information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here, and what device you are using. The data collected may be used by ourselves to customise the content on our website to make for the best experience for users when visiting our website. For GA to work, cookies are deployed on your device to collect the relevant data. This information collected and stored by these cookies does not personally identify anyone.
When you use our website to link to other providers (for example BRS, Facebook, Google and YouTube), you may also be sent third-party cookies.
Our service providers may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
• to recognise your computer when you visit their website;
• to prevent fraud and improve the security of their website;
• to personalise their website for you.
SECTION C – Your rights – access to your personal data
You can exercise any of the following rights by emailing or writing to us at Hirsel Golf Club, Kelso Road, Coldstream. Berwickshire TD12 4NJ or via email at email@example.com
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a ‘subject access request’;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes;
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Hirsel Golf Club will be considered under applicable UK Data Protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk